| Summit Speakers
The second BC Information Summit brings together academics, information professionals, legal experts, policy makers, journalists, past and present elected officials and experienced Freedom of Information requesters from every sector of society. Together, they shall explore the challenges and solutions of creating an open government and a free flow of information to the public.
- Hon. Olga Ilich, Minister of Labour & Citizens' Services, BC (invited)
- David Loukidelis, Information and Privacy Commissioner of BC
- Andrea Neill, Assistant Information Commissioner of Canada
- Colin Gabelmann, former Attorney General of British Columbia
- Maureen Bader, BC Director, Canadian Taxpayers Federation
- Gwen Barlee, Policy Director, Western Canada Wilderness Committee
- Ehor Boyanowksy, School of Criminology , Simon Fraser University
- Bruce Brown, Deputy Police Complaints Commissioner, British Columbia
- Dan Burnett, Barrister & Solicitor, Owen Bird
- Mary Carlson, Executive Director, Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner, BC
- Jason Gratl, President, BC Civil Liberties Association.
- Sean Holman, Investigative Journalist, 24 Hours and Public Eye Online
- Blair Lekstrom, MLA, former Chair, Special Committee to Review the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Drew McArthur, VP, TELUS
- Murray Rankin, QC , Heenan Blaikie LLP; Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Victoria; former special advisor on the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Ann Rees, Instructor, Journalism Program, Kwantlen College
- Patrick Smith, Professor, Dept. of Political Science, Simon Fraser University
- Penny Washington, Barrister and Solicitor, Bull Housser & Tupper
- Lori Winstanley, Director, Strategic Campaigns and Communications, Canadian Office and Professional Employees Union
- Rollie Woods, Inspector, Vancouver Police Department
THE BC INFORMATION SUMMIT
October 5, 2007
8:45am to 5pm
The Theatre at UBC Robson Square Campus
Early Bird Rates are available until
September 21, 2007.
All rates include
a buffet lunch.
$75 (early bird) $90 (regular)
$55 (early bird) $65 (regular)
$25 (early bird) $30 (regular)